Thursday, March 4, 2010

Normal service has been resumed

I rang Carole this morning to say hi and have a chat and found that there had been a crisis last night I knew nothing about.

It turned out while they were putting in the port she vomited and aspirated some into her lungs.  She came out of the operation in a terrible condition and Rob was told she was not expected to last the night.  they also told him atht if she had a heart attack they would not revive her.  Rob was in tears when he went in to see her thinking it was the end.

Well she made it through the night and is in much better shape today.  She is on strong antibiotics and receiving physio to help make sure any gunk is out of the lungs.

I was so shocked when I found out.  I just couldn't believe that yet another thing had happened following an operation at this bloody hospital.  I just wish we could get her out of there and take her somewhere decent.

I have spent most of the afternoon crying and trying just not to fall apart completely.  God this is just so awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment