Friday, March 19, 2010

Heading back to Launceston

Well tomorrow morning I am heading back to Launceston to say good-bye to darling Carole and support my brother through this process.

There was some good news today.  She was able to spend a few hours at home.  I know how much she wanted to be back in her own home again and that this would have been very special for her.  Rob is hoping she can come and  spend several hours tomorrow and Sunday at home too, if she is able.

She is wanting to sleep more and more and is too tired to speak to people now.  I am taking a lovely book down with me that I hope to be able to read to her if she is up to it.  I am taking my sewing too and my lap top and a couple of good books to read.

I have only got a one way ticket as I don't know how long I will be there.  I have leave until Easter and we will reconsider then if necessary.

My neighbours are wonderful.  They are happy to feed the dogs and Luka for me so I don't have to worry about that.  No wonder I love them so much.  We have known each other over thirty years and they are just the best.

It will be wonderful to see Mum and Dad again too.  They are staying with some friends, which I think will be good for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment