Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not the best news today

Carole has been in hospital since the weekend due to dehydration and being unable to eat.  A scan has shown she has a blockage in the bowel.  She is undergoing surgery on Saturday and they are going to try and remove the blockage.

This is major surgery and while we are hoping for the best possible outcome, there is a real possibility that the surgeons won't be able to fix this.

I am heading up to Port Macquarie tomorrow to spend my birthday with Mum and Dad.  I am glad we will be together on Saturday so that however the surgery goes, we will be together.

I feel so sad for Rob and Carole.  They haven't even been married two years and they are facing this.  At least today Rob had his best friend visiting, so was able to get support.  Mind you, being a boofy boy he denies he needs support.

One of quliting works in progress is a quilt for Rob.  He is into American Civil War history and I am using Civil War reproduction fabrics.

I have it all neatly tucked away in a box, so have to pull it out and get into it too.  For someone who hasn't been quilting all that long, I sure have a few UFOs already.  I'll be putting some photos up in the next few days of those, plus my trip up to Port.  It will be so lovely to see Mum and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment